Monday, June 29, 2009

Rainy Day

So it’s raining again – what else is new?? What do you do on a rainy day when you’re retired? I started on some projects that have been bugging me for ages. I organized the pantry so that I could fit all that jam into it. There were things in there with expiration dates back to 2005 – Yuck!! How does that happen? Note to self – stop buying things that you don’t actually plan to use in the very near future. That way there’ll be fewer outdated things to throw out!!

I also sorted my sock drawer. Since I’ve started making socks there’s very little room in there. I actually got rid of all the socks with holes in the toes that I just couldn’t throw out. Now, I just need to take a walk on the treadmill and then I can sit down to knit more socks!!

1 comment:

AdoptionMSW said...

I have that outdated stuff in the pantry and in the fridge. When Chuck was here a while back, I resurrected some Diet Coke that he said was completely flat and no longer sweet (Aspartame loses potency after a while, he tells me). It was in cans. How does it lose carbonation? Now, when he is coming, I buy a bottle or two from the cooler that's by the check out counter. He drinks what I have and I don't have to worry about having relics lying around.