Thursday, July 9, 2009

Update on First Foray into Gardening

Finally after too many rainy days, I was able to get back into the perennial garden today. I planted the plants we bought last week and some ferns that DH brought back from our camp. I lined the garden with stones, some that we dug up while cleaning up and the remainder from camp. I raked out the remaining area and planed grass seed. It now looks like this:






On the vegetable front, things are coming along. The first crop of arugala has been eaten and I’m hoping to plant some more if DH can find the seeds while he’s shopping today.

The cucumbers have some flowers and are beginning to grow up some stakes.

There are a few small tomatoes and the plants are getting really big. I tied them up for the second time today.



The zucchini plants are growing, too, with a few zucchini which seem to be growing well.

All I can say is, so far, so good!!

No comments: