Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Workout Update

I've been working with a trainer at the gym twice a week for six weeks now. Today we had the six week evaluation to see how it is going and to plan for phase 2. Phase 1 has been focused on core strength and balance and trying to improve my posture. So, what did the evaluation reveal? I'm taller than I was six weeks ago, which I guess is a sign that I am standing up straighter than I was before. I also lost inches, but not any weight (adding muscle?). My blood pressure and resting heart rate have improved, so I guess that's progress.

In phase 2 we get really serious - more strength training and increased cardio workouts. Also, starting on Monday I will have an eating plan designed by my trainer. Since DH and I are actually pretty healthy eaters, I don't think there will be that many adjustments except for the times that I eat. The one change that I knew was coming is no more Diet Coke. Yikes! My trainer wanted me to quit cold turkey and substitute tea, but I know that's not going to work. I got him to agree to a slow tapering of my consumption to be completely off it in three weeks. He's got lots of good reasons, most of which I've heard before, but the hard part will be that I really LIKE it. Oh well, no use paying all this money to a trainer and then not listen to him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you, Gin! As for the Diet Coke....I don't know if I'd rather stick needles in my eyes or give up it up. Let me know how that transition goes. I've tried a few times and end up caving in.